What is involved in Application streaming
Find out what the related areas are that Application streaming connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application streaming thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application streaming journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application streaming leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application streaming related domains to cover and 66 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application streaming, Application virtualization, Citrix, Credit Suisse, Datamation, Google, Google Chrome, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365, On-demand software, Portable application creators, Software as a service, Virtual machine, XenApp:
Application streaming Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Application streaming results and get out your magnifying glass.
– How will you measure your Application streaming effectiveness?
– Are there recognized Application streaming problems?
Application virtualization Critical Criteria:
Test Application virtualization outcomes and find the essential reading for Application virtualization researchers.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Application streaming in a volatile global economy?
– Which product provides an application virtualization solution?
– What are the business goals Application streaming is aiming to achieve?
– How do we go about Securing Application streaming?
Citrix Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Citrix engagements and pioneer acquisition of Citrix systems.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Application streaming is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– How important is Application streaming to the user organizations mission?
– Can we do Application streaming without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the fault tolerance, failover, and disaster recovery plans?
– What about disaster recovery?
Credit Suisse Critical Criteria:
Canvass Credit Suisse quality and devise Credit Suisse key steps.
– Does Application streaming include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In a project to restructure Application streaming outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does Application streaming analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Datamation Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Datamation management and differentiate in coordinating Datamation.
– what is the best design framework for Application streaming organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do we monitor the Application streaming decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why is Application streaming important for you now?
Google Critical Criteria:
Test Google issues and customize techniques for implementing Google controls.
– We keep record of data and store them in cloud services; for example Google Suite. There are data protection tools provided and security rules can be set. But who has the responsibility for securing them – us or Google?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– Is there any existing Application streaming governance structure?
– Are assumptions made in Application streaming stated explicitly?
– Who sets the Application streaming standards?
Google Chrome Critical Criteria:
Grasp Google Chrome results and report on the economics of relationships managing Google Chrome and constraints.
– Will Application streaming have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does Application streaming create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we measure improved Application streaming service perception, and satisfaction?
Microsoft Office Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Microsoft Office planning and pay attention to the small things.
– Is maximizing Application streaming protection the same as minimizing Application streaming loss?
– Which of my PCs can run Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, and Office 365?
– What vendors make products that address the Application streaming needs?
– Is the Microsoft Office Excel add-in registered correctly?
– Are there Application streaming problems defined?
Microsoft Office 365 Critical Criteria:
Deduce Microsoft Office 365 risks and handle a jump-start course to Microsoft Office 365.
– Will Application streaming deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does the Application streaming task fit the clients priorities?
– What are specific Application streaming Rules to follow?
On-demand software Critical Criteria:
Huddle over On-demand software management and sort On-demand software activities.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Application streaming, including any consulting or professional services?
– How will you know that the Application streaming project has been successful?
Portable application creators Critical Criteria:
Guard Portable application creators goals and budget for Portable application creators challenges.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Application streaming process?
– Is Application streaming Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Software as a service strategies and handle a jump-start course to Software as a service.
– To what extent does management recognize Application streaming as a tool to increase the results?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What are the usability implications of Application streaming actions?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Judge Virtual machine projects and change contexts.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (vm) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the aws cloud cannot provide?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Application streaming objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Application streaming process?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What is our formula for success in Application streaming ?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
XenApp Critical Criteria:
Probe XenApp visions and describe the risks of XenApp sustainability.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Application streaming experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is our Application streaming Strategy?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application streaming Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application streaming External links:
Amazon AppStream 2.0 – Application Streaming Service – …
Application streaming over HTTP – Microsoft Corporation
Application Streaming – Discussions
Application virtualization External links:
Hotfix Package 1 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 5.1
Citrix External links:
Citrix (@citrix) | Twitter
Citrix Access Gateway
Citrix – Official Site
Credit Suisse External links:
Employee Selection Page- Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse myDesk
Credit Suisse – Official Site
Datamation External links:
Home – Datamation Systems, Inc.
Contact Datamation Systems – Chromecarts
Datamation.com – Google+
Google External links:
Google Chrome External links:
Google Chrome is a web browser for several operating systems. Its minimalist interface makes for a good user experience, but users still have the option to customize it with themes. This software includes a comprehensive Web Store, which contains tons of applications, including education, games, lifestyle and blogging extensions. To …
Google Chrome – Free Download
Google Chrome – Home | Facebook
Microsoft Office External links:
Free Trial Download, Try Microsoft Office 365 Products
January 2018 updates for Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office Publisher 2010 helps you create, personalize, and share a wide range of publications and marketing materials in-house. New and improved
Microsoft Office 365 External links:
Microsoft Office 365, Office 365, Free Office 365
Free Trial Download, Try Microsoft Office 365 Products
About Microsoft Office 365 at IU
On-demand software External links:
What is On-Demand Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Portable application creators External links:
Portable application creators – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Portable application creators
Portable application creators for Kids – Kiddle
Portable application creators Facts for Kids | …
Software as a service External links:
DENTAWEB Software as a service
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
Pricing – Virtual Machine IP Address Options | Microsoft Azure
XenApp External links:
XenApp and XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR – Citrix.com
Citrix Xenapp Monitoring & Management | ControlUp
[SOLVED] Citrix Xenapp & dual monitors – Spiceworks