What is involved in datastage
Find out what the related areas are that datastage connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a datastage thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM InfoSphere DataStage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM InfoSphere DataStage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which datastage related domains to cover and 53 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
datastage, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Ascential Software, Computing platform, Data integration, Extract, transform, load, IBM U2, Informix Corporation, Mainframe computer, Oracle Corporation, PeopleSoft, Rocket U2, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Software release life cycle:
datastage Critical Criteria:
Chat re datastage failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging datastage.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which datastage models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– what is the best design framework for datastage organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to datastage? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Critical Criteria:
Focus on IBM InfoSphere DataStage decisions and reduce IBM InfoSphere DataStage costs.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your datastage strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of datastage?
– Do we all define datastage in the same way?
Ascential Software Critical Criteria:
Jump start Ascential Software risks and point out Ascential Software tensions in leadership.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if datastage does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding datastage?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing datastage? There might be some that are less obvious?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
See the value of Computing platform management and triple focus on important concepts of Computing platform relationship management.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these datastage processes?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for datastage strengthening and reform actually originate?
– In a project to restructure datastage outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Data integration decisions and arbitrate Data integration techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new datastage in a volatile global economy?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How do we measure improved datastage service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– Are we Assessing datastage and Risk?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Align Extract, transform, load quality and research ways can we become the Extract, transform, load company that would put us out of business.
– Do datastage rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we manage datastage Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does the datastage task fit the clients priorities?
IBM U2 Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IBM U2 risks and describe the risks of IBM U2 sustainability.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that datastage objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its datastage processes?
– How much does datastage help?
Informix Corporation Critical Criteria:
Test Informix Corporation strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Informix Corporation relationship management.
– What is the purpose of datastage in relation to the mission?
– What are the usability implications of datastage actions?
– What is our datastage Strategy?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Mainframe computer adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Mainframe computer skills.
– Do those selected for the datastage team have a good general understanding of what datastage is all about?
– How is the value delivered by datastage being measured?
– Why are datastage skills important?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Pilot Oracle Corporation leadership and explore and align the progress in Oracle Corporation.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing datastage?
PeopleSoft Critical Criteria:
Facilitate PeopleSoft visions and learn.
– What is the total cost related to deploying datastage, including any consulting or professional services?
– How important is datastage to the user organizations mission?
– Is a datastage Team Work effort in place?
Rocket U2 Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Rocket U2 goals and customize techniques for implementing Rocket U2 controls.
– Will datastage deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the short and long-term datastage goals?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Canvass Service-oriented architecture governance and find out.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of datastage activities?
– Does our organization need more datastage education?
– What are our datastage Processes?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Software categories decisions and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we Improve datastage service perception, and satisfaction?
– How to deal with datastage Changes?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Software developer visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Think about the functions involved in your datastage project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom datastage project?
– What vendors make products that address the datastage needs?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Nurse Software release life cycle tasks and separate what are the business goals Software release life cycle is aiming to achieve.
– What are all of our datastage domains and what do they do?
– Is the scope of datastage defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM InfoSphere DataStage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
datastage External links:
DATASTAGE Developer – DATASTAGE Developer | Indeed
Datastage-Stages | InfoSphere DataStage – IBM
InfoSphere DataStage Server – IBM MediaCenter
IBM InfoSphere DataStage External links:
ibm infosphere datastage jobs | Dice.com
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Server, Version 8.7, for …
Ascential Software External links:
Ascential Software | Crunchbase
Buying Mercator Will Extend Ascential Software’s Reach
Ascential Software to be acquired by IBM – Boston …
Computing platform External links:
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
Cognitive Computing Platform – kingland.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Data integration External links:
Data Integration – Kettle | Hitachi Vantara Community
Data Integration Specialist Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Cloud Data Integration & File Sync | Layer2 Cloud Connector
Extract, transform, load External links:
ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Database
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
Informix Corporation External links:
Informix Corporation and IBM Receive Early Termination …
Informix Corporation Reviews – CB Insights
Grant Talbot | Informix Corporation | ZoomInfo.com
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL Key Statistics | Oracle Corporation Stock – Yahoo
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Oracle Corporation Common Stock (ORCL) – nasdaq.com
PeopleSoft External links:
Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-in
PeopleSoft 8 Sign-in
Title Peoplesoft Consultant Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Rocket U2 External links:
Rocket U2 Clients | Rocket Software
Error, “[Rocket U2][UVODBC]Error ID: 46 …
Rocket U2 DBTools Trial Request | Rocket Software
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Software categories External links:
Software Categories | SoftZoner.com
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software Developer – Career Rankings, Salary, Reviews …
Software Developer | CyberGrants
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com