What is involved in Solution Selling
Find out what the related areas are that Solution Selling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Solution Selling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Solution Selling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Solution Selling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Solution Selling related domains to cover and 105 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Solution Selling, Affiliate network, Business model, Buying center, Customer requirement, Decision making unit, Electronics, Henning Kagermann, Intellectual property, International Standard Book Number, Promotion, Prospecting, Return on Investment, Sales process, Sales training, Salesperson, Value added selling, Value proposition, Wang Laboratories, Win-win, Xerox Corporation:
Solution Selling Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Solution Selling risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Solution Selling.
– Is Solution Selling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do Solution Selling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are accountability and ownership for Solution Selling clearly defined?
Affiliate network Critical Criteria:
Examine Affiliate network issues and pay attention to the small things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Solution Selling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Solution Selling into the services that we provide?
– Have all basic functions of Solution Selling been defined?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Jump start Business model outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Business model strategies.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Solution Selling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
– Why should we adopt a Solution Selling framework?
– How do we go about Securing Solution Selling?
Buying center Critical Criteria:
Merge Buying center strategies and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Buying center.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Solution Selling?
– How can you measure Solution Selling in a systematic way?
Customer requirement Critical Criteria:
Match Customer requirement leadership and know what your objective is.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Solution Selling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Does it increase the risk that the organization cannot meet its customer requirements?
– Who sets the Solution Selling standards?
– What are current Solution Selling Paradigms?
Decision making unit Critical Criteria:
Systematize Decision making unit strategies and look in other fields.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Solution Selling Management?
– Which Solution Selling goals are the most important?
– How do we Lead with Solution Selling in Mind?
Electronics Critical Criteria:
Focus on Electronics projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Electronics.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Solution Selling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are there recognized Solution Selling problems?
Henning Kagermann Critical Criteria:
Track Henning Kagermann risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Henning Kagermann decisions.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Solution Selling in a volatile global economy?
– What are the usability implications of Solution Selling actions?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Detail Intellectual property failures and adjust implementation of Intellectual property.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Solution Selling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Solution Selling process?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Is Solution Selling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Learn from International Standard Book Number issues and report on setting up International Standard Book Number without losing ground.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Solution Selling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we Improve Solution Selling service perception, and satisfaction?
Promotion Critical Criteria:
Gauge Promotion tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Do you have written clearance procedures in place regarding use, licensing, and consent agreements for third party content used by you in your products or services and on your website or in your promotional materials?
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– Generating increased purchases or use is also a typical category for consumer promotion objectives in sustaining programs. when do you want to do this?
– Identify the factors that influence the selection of promotion-mix ingredients how do marketers select promotion mix ingredients?
– How does the integrated marketing communications (imc) plan approach differ from traditional approaches to promotion?
– Are there any promotions being done in your local area by government or others that you can take advantage of?
– Think about the functions involved in your Solution Selling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is the promotion consistent with the product positioning and other marketing plans?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– Why is promotion particularly effective in positing a product?
– What are the key promotion and shelf presentation tactics?
– Do we have experlenco with this type of promotion?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
– What about Solution Selling Analysis of results?
– What is the major role of promotion?
– Sector companies handle promotion?
Prospecting Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Prospecting governance and get going.
– What are the key elements of your Solution Selling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Why is Solution Selling important for you now?
– How much does Solution Selling help?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Return on Investment issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Think of your Solution Selling project. what are the main functions?
– How do we manage Solution Selling Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Sales process Critical Criteria:
Chat re Sales process visions and customize techniques for implementing Sales process controls.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Solution Selling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can skill-level changes improve Solution Selling?
Sales training Critical Criteria:
Track Sales training engagements and find answers.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Solution Selling process?
– What is Effective Solution Selling?
Salesperson Critical Criteria:
Devise Salesperson failures and report on setting up Salesperson without losing ground.
– For your Solution Selling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the source of the strategies for Solution Selling strengthening and reform?
– What vendors make products that address the Solution Selling needs?
Value added selling Critical Criteria:
Reason over Value added selling failures and plan concise Value added selling education.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Solution Selling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Solution Selling?
– Can we do Solution Selling without complex (expensive) analysis?
Value proposition Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Value proposition leadership and devote time assessing Value proposition and its risk.
– Can we add value to the current Solution Selling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is the value proposition for the customer (How well will the product or service solve the problem)?
– What do you really need from your outside partner; what is your value proposition to the client?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– Quality vs. Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– Have you identified your Solution Selling key performance indicators?
– Quantity: What data are required to satisfy the given value proposition?
– How well is the value proposition of the product defined?
– What Is Your Employee Value Proposition?
– What is your present value proposition?
Wang Laboratories Critical Criteria:
Probe Wang Laboratories adoptions and integrate design thinking in Wang Laboratories innovation.
– How will you measure your Solution Selling effectiveness?
Win-win Critical Criteria:
Examine Win-win engagements and customize techniques for implementing Win-win controls.
– What are our needs in relation to Solution Selling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Does Solution Selling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How to deal with Solution Selling Changes?
Xerox Corporation Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Xerox Corporation planning and shift your focus.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Solution Selling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Solution Selling project lifecycle?
– Which customers cant participate in our Solution Selling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Solution Selling activities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Solution Selling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Solution Selling External links:
Solution Selling is Dead. – CBS News
[PDF]Solution Selling – siekom.de
Solution Selling: The Ultimate Guide – HubSpot Blog
Affiliate network External links:
AdNetMarket :: CPA Affiliate Network
DOT818.com: Best Affiliate Network for Financial Products
Millionaire Dating Affiliate Network!
Business model External links:
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Create a new Business Model Canvas – Canvanizer
Example of a Business Model – Plan to Start
Buying center External links:
Home Buying Center | Space Coast Credit Union
Auto-Buying Center – SEFCU
Auto Buying Center | First Florida Credit Union
Customer requirement External links:
Critical Customer Requirement (CCR) – …
Decision making unit External links:
[DOC]DECISION MAKING UNIT (DMU) IN PURCHASING …
Decision Making Unit – Marketing Teacher
Electronics External links:
Mouser Electronics – Official Site
Henning Kagermann External links:
Listen to Audiobooks by Henning Kagermann | Audible.com
Henning Kagermann – openSAP
Intellectual property External links:
Patent & Intellectual Property Attorneys | Harness Dickey
What is Intellectual Property?
Intellectual Property | DocuSign
International Standard Book Number External links:
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
International Standard Book Number – Quora
Promotion External links:
Promotion Point Worksheet (PPW) – United States Army
APTA | The Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa
Prospecting External links:
AB Prospecting – The Southwest’s Largest Prospecting …
Fanatical Prospecting | Home | Fanatical Prospecting | …
Return on Investment External links:
Return on Investment Calculator – Bankrate
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
Gross Margin Return On Investment – GMROI
Sales process External links:
Sales Process Automation | BI Software Solutions
TopOPPS: AI for Sales Forecasting & Sales Process …
The 7 Steps of the Sales Process | The Steady Sales Group
Sales training External links:
Sales Training Programs – Boost Your Team’s Performance
http://Ad · lp.janek.com/SalesTraining
Sales Training Seminars – amanet.org
http://Ad · www.amanet.org/sales/training
Sales Training Programs – Boost Your Team’s Performance
http://Ad · lp.janek.com/SalesTraining
Salesperson External links:
Salesperson and broker real estate exam crash course
Ohio Auto Dealers | Salesperson License
Salesperson Synonyms, Salesperson Antonyms | …
Value added selling External links:
Value added selling techniques (Book, 1987) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Value Added Selling – netwiz.de
Value Added Selling – rmagin.de
Value proposition External links:
[PPT]Value Proposition – Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
Our Value Proposition – Title Insurance | El Paso, TX
How to Find Your Value Proposition | Pongo
http://www.pongoresume.com › Career Corner: Work / Life
Wang Laboratories External links:
Wang Laboratories AIIM Show and Conference 1992 – …
Wang Laboratories, Inc, – Scripophily.com
Reviews from Wang Laboratories employees about Wang Laboratories culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more.
Win-win External links:
Win-win – definition of win-win by The Free Dictionary
Xerox Corporation External links:
Xerox Corporation – XRX – Stock Price Today – Zacks
[PDF]03-22 Xerox Corporation
Xerox Corporation – Nationwide Pet Insurance