What is involved in Supply Chain Planning
Find out what the related areas are that Supply Chain Planning connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Supply Chain Planning thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SCP supply chain planning journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SCP supply chain planning leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Supply Chain Planning related domains to cover and 124 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Supply Chain Planning, Supply chain, 10 + 2, 2013 Savar building collapse, Booz Allen Hamilton, Child labor, Cocoa bean, Corporate social responsibility, Cost benchmarking, Dynamic programming, End user, Environmental sustainability, Extended enterprise, Facilities engineering, Food safety, Information technology management, Management system, Material cost, Natural resource, Organizational culture, Paper mill, Paper recycling, Raw material, Residual value, Strategic sourcing, Supply-Chain Operations Reference, Supply chain management, Third-party logistics provider, Value chain, Vertical integration:
Supply Chain Planning Critical Criteria:
Systematize Supply Chain Planning issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Supply Chain Planning strategies.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Supply Chain Planning with what users do day-to-day?
– Do the Supply Chain Planning decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we maintain Supply Chain Plannings Integrity?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Discuss Supply chain management and grade techniques for implementing Supply chain controls.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Now that organizations have fine-tuned human performance, supply chain, operations, processes, cycle time, and other targeted areas, how can they continue to improve performance?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Supply Chain Planning study?
– Can we do Supply Chain Planning without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– In HW, SW & Services we source from a global supply chain?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
– How do we Lead with Supply Chain Planning in Mind?
10 + 2 Critical Criteria:
See the value of 10 + 2 engagements and shift your focus.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Supply Chain Planning strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How important is Supply Chain Planning to the user organizations mission?
2013 Savar building collapse Critical Criteria:
Understand 2013 Savar building collapse projects and look in other fields.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Supply Chain Planning delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does our organization need more Supply Chain Planning education?
Booz Allen Hamilton Critical Criteria:
Adapt Booz Allen Hamilton strategies and know what your objective is.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Supply Chain Planning? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the disruptive Supply Chain Planning technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Child labor Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Child labor decisions and customize techniques for implementing Child labor controls.
– When a Supply Chain Planning manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Think of your Supply Chain Planning project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Supply Chain Planning move?
Cocoa bean Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Cocoa bean goals and work towards be a leading Cocoa bean expert.
Corporate social responsibility Critical Criteria:
Read up on Corporate social responsibility projects and optimize Corporate social responsibility leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Supply Chain Planning services/products?
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– What if your company publishes an environmental or corporate social responsibility report?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Supply Chain Planning effort?
Cost benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Mine Cost benchmarking tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Cost benchmarking because they lack skills.
– Does Supply Chain Planning include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Supply Chain Planning models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Why should we adopt a Supply Chain Planning framework?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Depict Dynamic programming governance and remodel and develop an effective Dynamic programming strategy.
– Are accountability and ownership for Supply Chain Planning clearly defined?
– How do we go about Comparing Supply Chain Planning approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past Supply Chain Planning Successes?
End user Critical Criteria:
Give examples of End user tasks and cater for concise End user education.
– Consider your own Supply Chain Planning project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Supply Chain Planning agendas for the next 3 years?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Is there any existing Supply Chain Planning governance structure?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
Environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Chat re Environmental sustainability tasks and optimize Environmental sustainability leadership as a key to advancement.
– To what extent does management recognize Supply Chain Planning as a tool to increase the results?
– Is a Supply Chain Planning Team Work effort in place?
– Why are Supply Chain Planning skills important?
Extended enterprise Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Extended enterprise engagements and question.
– Are assumptions made in Supply Chain Planning stated explicitly?
Facilities engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Facilities engineering projects and correct Facilities engineering management by competencies.
– How do we Improve Supply Chain Planning service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is our Supply Chain Planning Strategy?
Food safety Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Food safety tactics and maintain Food safety for success.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Supply Chain Planning is underway?
– Who needs to know about Supply Chain Planning ?
Information technology management Critical Criteria:
Check Information technology management results and create Information technology management explanations for all managers.
– Will Supply Chain Planning have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Supply Chain Planning products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Supply Chain Planning create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Test Management system tasks and handle a jump-start course to Management system.
– Data migration are there any external users accounts existing and will these user accounts need to be migrated to the new lms?
– What might we do to further exploit the information gathered by service management systems to reduce customer defections?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– The Assets used to create content – jpegs, text, buttons, etc is it centralized or decentralized?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– What is an online learning center solution or customer extranet to upload documentation for customers?
– To what extent do we require the vendor to support our organization with end-user rollout?
– When will our students realize the teaching and learning benefits of these new features?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Are course notes provided by the instructor part of the student materials?
– Are systems users that need the access external learners or employees?
– Is there a requirement for the student to record course notes online?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
– If you are taking an online course why are you taking it?
– What are the top online e learning tools for business?
– What are good examples of online learning communities?
– How many administrators need to be trained?
– Do we have Production-ready content?
– How do we choose an lms?
Material cost Critical Criteria:
Nurse Material cost management and spearhead techniques for implementing Material cost.
– For your Supply Chain Planning project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can you negotiate Supply Chain Planning successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there a Supply Chain Planning Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Natural resource Critical Criteria:
Model after Natural resource risks and gather Natural resource models .
– What are the key elements of your Supply Chain Planning performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Among the Supply Chain Planning product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Organizational culture Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Organizational culture engagements and know what your objective is.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– what is the best design framework for Supply Chain Planning organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– How can the value of Supply Chain Planning be defined?
Paper mill Critical Criteria:
Scan Paper mill risks and separate what are the business goals Paper mill is aiming to achieve.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Supply Chain Planning Management?
– Why is Supply Chain Planning important for you now?
Paper recycling Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Paper recycling leadership and improve Paper recycling service perception.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Supply Chain Planning process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Supply Chain Planning process available?
– What are all of our Supply Chain Planning domains and what do they do?
Raw material Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Raw material visions and intervene in Raw material processes and leadership.
– Is maximizing Supply Chain Planning protection the same as minimizing Supply Chain Planning loss?
– How do we measure improved Supply Chain Planning service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do Supply Chain Planning rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Residual value Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Residual value issues and handle a jump-start course to Residual value.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Supply Chain Planning?
Strategic sourcing Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Strategic sourcing risks and separate what are the business goals Strategic sourcing is aiming to achieve.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Supply Chain Planning product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will provide the final approval of Supply Chain Planning deliverables?
– How to Secure Supply Chain Planning?
Supply-Chain Operations Reference Critical Criteria:
Refer to Supply-Chain Operations Reference engagements and cater for concise Supply-Chain Operations Reference education.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Supply Chain Planning process?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Supply chain management governance and find out.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Supply Chain Planning project manager?
– Is Supply Chain Planning dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Third-party logistics provider Critical Criteria:
Detail Third-party logistics provider goals and report on setting up Third-party logistics provider without losing ground.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Supply Chain Planning in a volatile global economy?
– Do we monitor the Supply Chain Planning decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Supply Chain Planning objectives?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Examine Value chain results and prioritize challenges of Value chain.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Supply Chain Planning strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we go about Securing Supply Chain Planning?
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Vertical integration goals and finalize the present value of growth of Vertical integration.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Supply Chain Planning process?
– What is Effective Supply Chain Planning?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SCP supply chain planning Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Supply Chain Planning External links:
SCP (supply chain planning) – Gartner IT Glossary
[PDF]Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning Data Sheet …
5 Levels of Supply Chain Planning – YouTube
2013 Savar building collapse External links:
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Anna cruz on Prezi
Booz Allen Hamilton External links:
Booz Allen Hamilton Marketing Solutions Catalog – …
Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation: NYSE:BAH …
Booz Allen Hamilton – Official Site
Child labor External links:
[PDF]CHILD LABOR LAWS – dir.ca.gov
Wage Standards Division | Child Labor
Indonesian tobacco farms using child labor: HRW – CNN
Cocoa bean External links:
The Cocoa Bean | Bakery, Drinks, Ice Cream
Cocoa Bean Roasting — Chocolate Alchemy
Black Mountain Chocolate – Handcrafted from cocoa bean …
Corporate social responsibility External links:
Corporate Social Responsibility – SourceWatch
Corporate Social Responsibility — Wells Fargo
Corporate Social Responsibility | The Aerospace …
Cost benchmarking External links:
Benefits of Granular’s Land Cost Benchmarking
Cost benchmarking is a method used to compare total cost of a process, product, or manufactured good from receipt of materials to completion, test, and shipping; against costs incurred by other businesses who manufacture similar products.
Dynamic programming External links:
c – Coin Change :Dynamic Programming – Stack Overflow
[PDF]6 Dynamic Programming Algorithms – UCSD CSE
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
End user External links:
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
End User License Agreement – PlayMaker CRM
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
Environmental sustainability External links:
Corporate Environmental Sustainability | Microsoft …
Environmental Sustainability | Whirlpool Corporation
Environmental Sustainability – Wells Fargo
Extended enterprise External links:
Extended Enterprise License | Cradlepoint
Extended Enterprise Management 2009.1 – SignIn
iTradeNetwork | Extended Enterprise | Supply Chain …
Facilities engineering External links:
Penn State Facilities Engineering Institute
[PDF]Facilities Engineering Army Facilities Management
Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC)
Food safety External links:
Food Poisoning Bulletin | Food Safety and E coli News
FoodLogiQ: Food Safety, Traceability and Sustainability …
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
Management system External links:
File Management System – Techopedia.com
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
Canvas Learning Management System @ Bellevue College
Material cost External links:
Fixed Price vs. Time-Material Cost | Chron.com
FEMA Public Assistance Material Cost Codes – 2011
Natural resource External links:
INR (Institute for Natural Resources)
Department of Natural Resource Management | South …
Organizational culture External links:
Organizational Culture – PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT
Organizational Culture – au.af.mil
The 5 Worst Influences on Organizational Culture
Paper mill External links:
Event schedule: Paper Mill Playhouse
Recommended show list: Paper Mill Playhouse
Genesis HealthCare > Fairview Care Center of Paper Mill …
Paper recycling External links:
FAQ about Paper Recycling
[PDF]Paper Recycling Do’s and Don’ts jessi
Raw material External links:
Raw Material | Definition of Raw Material by Merriam-Webster
Raw material Synonyms, Raw material Antonyms | …
Residual value External links:
Residual Value – BMW North America
EquipmentWatch Residual Value Awards
Strategic sourcing External links:
Procurement & Strategic Sourcing – Wayne State University
VCCS Strategic Sourcing Jobs Title
Supply-Chain Operations Reference External links:
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model
Supply chain management External links:
Healthcare Supply Chain Management | Infor
Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Order …
Value chain External links:
Value Chain – Investopedia
[PDF]The Value Chain From Competitive Advantage , by …
U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition